Friday, April 12, 2024

Places I'm Visiting: Japan 2024 – Cherry Blossoms

I've been back in the US for four days now and I have one last post to write about my trip. How could I finish without mentioning the cherry blossoms? The end of my recent trip coincided with the peak of the cherries. While I personally prefer plum blossoms (because of their fragrance), the cherries in full bloom are indeed pretty. Not much else need be said, I imagine. Here I post some cherry blossom photos as well as some photos from the plane ride home. 

I flew out of Haneda Airport this time. I hadn't seen Haneda since 1978. It has changed. It has been expanded and rebuilt. It looks thoroughly modern. It was fun to fly out over the city. When departing for the West Coast of the US from Narita, the flight path takes you almost immediately over the Pacific, which offers little to see from an airplane several miles high in the sky. Approaching San Francisco, the clouds were especially pretty.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails