Saturday, January 31, 2009

Miscellaneous: Super Bowl XLIII (2009)

It has come to my attention that tomorrow is Super Bowl day.

As that statement should make plain, it's been a long time since I paid much attention to football on a regular basis (think back to the Oakland Raiders in the days of Ken Stabler, Cliff Branch, and Fred Biletnikoff: Even then, I wasn't a Raiders loyalist, I just appreciate a fine passing game, and those guys had one). Still, I felt really out of it when I heard a couple of days ago that the Steelers would be playing the Arizona Cardinals tomorrow. Wait a minute. Isn't that the St. Louis Cardinals? And the Cardinals are a baseball team, aren't they? Well, whoever is playing and whatever sport they choose to play, I hope they have a good passing game. I'll be watching. 

1 comment:

  1. The Arizona Cardinals were, quite a while back, the St. Louis Cardinals(notoriously referred to as the Cardiac Cardinals) and before that(back in the late 1940's)they were the Chicago Cardinals. It was as the Chicago Cardinals that the won their last Super Bowl Championship.

    A good passing game sounds good to me too.

    Ailey(known to you as Helen)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails