Sunday, March 1, 2009

Miscellaneous: Fishing in 1974

Going through some old photos, I found this. The guy with the long hair and the brick red pants is me. This would have been around 1974. I can't remember the name of the other young man--not that I don't remember him. He was a friend from my days at the Glen Helen Outdoor Education Center, in Yellow Springs, Ohio. He lived somewhere between Dayton (where I lived) and Cincinnati. We went with one of the camp counselors--Ron--for a weekend of fishing, staying with some of his relatives. We caught crappie and they were delicious. I remember listening to "Going Mobile" by The Who on the car radio on the way down to the house we stayed in. "Going Mobile" is another one of those songs from this period that have the power to instantly transport me back in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails