Sunday, April 26, 2009

Miscellaneous: Annie's Annuals


Forgot to mention that I stopped by Annie's Annuals, in Richmond, yesterday. It's an amazing place. I think it's probably the best nursery I've ever visited. It will probably be familiar to anyone who lives in the area. As a wholesale nursery, the place supplies just about everywhere in the bay area. You've probably seen their tags. 

What makes the place special (besides the rather odd location in a fairly run-down industrial section of Richmond) is the selection. If they don't have it, it's probably not available without going on line. Well worth a visit. The only disappointment was that the prices are not much better than the same plants from Annie's Annuals at other nurseries that carry them (notably Cottage Gardens in Petaluma). As this has the feel of buying direct from the wholesaler, I had been hoping for a little more of a discount. 
  
Still, I picked up some unusual California poppy varieties, several hard-to-find echiums, the Franciscan wallflower I've been looking for, several unusual varieties of Godetia, Lewisii in colors I've never seen before, and much more--including several attractive plants I'd never even heard of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails