Sunday, April 19, 2009

Miscellaneous: Farmers' Market

Went to the Saturday farmers' market in Santa Rosa this week, as I try to do when I can, usually shortly before closing at around noon. Bought oysters for dinner tonight, checked out the tomato plants (found "Purple Plum," one of my favorites), and talked to the beekeepers. There was a man with a display hive--not a usual feature of the market--the sort with honeycomb between glass, so you can see what's going on inside. It reminded me of the one that used to be at the Dayton Museum of Natural History. On visits to Ohio from New York to visit my Grandmother, the museum was always a highlight. Last time I saw the museum in Dayton, they had destroyed the place.

I took some photos at the market. I liked the colors of the eggs for sale and I almost always pick up some of the wonderful smoked fish, like the pepper smoked salmon in the picture here. No sea urchins this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails