Monday, April 6, 2009

Movies I'm Watching: The Wild One

I was idly watching The Wild One (1953, directed by Laslo Benedek) this afternoon, taking a break from working in the garden. I had to laugh. I'd never before looked at the biker crowd in the early scenes very carefully. I hadn't realized that Jerry Paris, Gil Stratton, and Alvy Moore were among the gang members. Jerry Paris is probably best know as Jerry, Dick and Laura's dentist neighbor on The Dick Van Dyke Show, and for directing many of the episodes of that show. Gil Stratton I recognized as William Holden's sidekick in Stalag 17, and Alvy Moore is the man who played Mr. Kimball, the county agent on Green Acres--who has always been my favorite character on that rather silly show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails