Sunday, April 12, 2009

On the Road: San Francisco to San Juan Capistrano (Spring 2009)

Making a short trip south. Day one started with a delicious eggs Benedict at Park Chow, near 9th and Lincoln, in San Francisco. Park Chow is notable (in my mind, anyway) for its garlic hash browns and the Hollandaise sauce on the eggs Benedict. The place has an outdoor dining area upstairs that's invisible from the outside. It's a pleasant place to hang out on a Saturday morning.


Later I visited Fort Point for the first time since my childhood. It's an interesting pre-Civil War fortress right under the Golden Gate Bridge. The place is probably best known today as the spot where "Carlotta" jumps into the Bay in Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo. I saw about 100 Western Grebes in the bay off Fort Point--elegant long-necked birds. I'm heading to San Juan Capistrano today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails