Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Found Art: Tomatoes and Autumn Peppers (September 11, 2010)

I went down to the farmers' market at the Veteran's Building in Santa Rosa on Saturday, my first visit to the market since getting back from France. As always, my first priority was finding good tomatoes. There were many available, generally at about $2.50-$3.00 a pound, which is better than the stores at the moment--and the tomatoes are fresher and taste better. My favorites are the greenish-purplish, deeply lobed ones (lower right corner of the photo).

I love to see the many varieties of heirloom tomatoes, but I was particularly impressed at one stand by the piles of peppers in virtually every color a pepper comes in. Beautiful. Found art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails