Thursday, February 24, 2011

Plants I'm Growing--First Blooms: Two-toned Daffodils (2011)

First blooms today on the two-toned daffodils in the garden. I don't know the name of the variety in this case, but it's distinct from any of the more common all-yellow daffodils. I was sure I noted the first blooms on these last year, but I can't find the record. I didn't post anything to the blog, it seems. I'll amend this if the data turn up. I think I planted these in late 2008. This should be their third year blooming. In any case, they're pretty. I will probably plant more. They provide a nice contrast with the yellow flowers (also blooming right now).

I took this photo of them late at night in the rain (the things I do for this blog....), which resulted in a somewhat surreal image. I used a flash. A drop of water is caught suspended in mid-air at lower left. You can even see an image of the flower within the water droplet.

[I found the information I was looking for. The two-toned daffodils bloomed on February 22 in 2010, for a year of 367 days.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails