Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Birds I’m Watching: Bodega Bay (August 23, 2011)

I went out to Bodega Bay this morning for a quick look around, but got going later in the day than I had intended, and there wasn't a lot of bird activity. I did spy the small group of Brants that has been hanging around all summer. It's not clear why they didn't leave with the rest of the Brants in the spring. I got some good photographs of a Whimbrel (upper photo) and some shots of Least Sandpipers (lower photo), but there was nothing out of the ordinary, and so much fog at Bodega Head that almost nothing was visible besides a lone Oystercatcher. Still, it was nice to get out after a busy week of work.

 For more information about bird watching in Sonoma County, see my Website Sonoma County Bird Watching Spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails