Monday, May 18, 2009

Miscellaneous: Michelle Obama on the Arts--How Sweet It Is

Came across this news story today suggestive of the Obama administration's genuine support for the arts. This kind of activity is indicative of such a refreshing change in attitude from what we put up with during Mr. Bush's tenure.

Michelle Obama was re-opening part of the American Wing at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York today. Coincidentally, the last time I was there former First Lady Jackie Onassis visited what was then the new American Wing. I was on my way to see the galleries (as she was), walking. I had stopped at the corner of 82nd St. and Fifth Ave., waiting for a light to change. Her limousine pulled up on 82nd St., right next to me. Surprisingly, her window was down. There she was, looking at me. When would that have been? Fifteen years ago? Twenty years ago? The light changed. The car turned left onto Fifth Ave. and it was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails