Saturday, December 22, 2012

Miscellaneous: Take Back the 2nd Amendment (December 22, 2012)

It seems to me that to take back the 2nd Amendment would be to restore its reading and interpretation to what it has been through most of US history--that the government shall not have the right to prohibit the creation and maintenance of a well-regulated militia. The current pro-gun, NRA-created and abetted view of the 2nd Amendment that claims all Americans have the right to own as many guns as they like and guns of any type whatsoever, regardless of their redundant lethality is recent and anomalous, as far as I can tell. With this in mind, I Googled the phrase "Take back the 2nd Amendment." Should I have been surprised to find a Facebook page with that name and that it's a page run by gun advocates? I'm baffled. What do they mean by taking back the 2nd Amendment, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails