Monday, April 27, 2015

Art I'm Making: New Collages (April 2015)

Two new collages since last reporting: Untitled Collage No. 97 (Santa Rosa) and Untitled Collage No. 98 (Santa Rosa), finished on the 14th and the 18th respectively. Both use some new Prussian blue papers I've made using a fairly thick layer of paint that I then raked through with a tool to expose the paper below, leaving streaks of thin, transparent color between thicker ridges. I like the luminous quality the thin paint creates. There is something that puts me in mind of stained glass in Untitled Collage No. 97 (Santa Rosa), shown at the top of the page.*

The second piece uses scraps of the Prussian blue paper at the bottom and in the main form toward the upper right. The very pale lavender background is left over from some recent paper painting. The reddish purples are scraps from last summer.



Click on the images for a larger view. For more, use the Art I'm Making tab to the right or visit my collage website at http://ctalcroft.wix.com/collage-site/ (requires Flash Player). Come see my work in person during the Art at the Source open studios event, June 6 & 7 and June 13 & 14, 2015--at Studio 48, in Sebastopol.

*[I later decided No. 97 was subpar. I destroyed it and created an entirely new piece, which is now pictured. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails