Monday, June 1, 2015

Art I'm Making: New Collage

Painting a thick layer of pale acrylic color on glass using a toothed plastic brush left me with a mono-printed background texture that became the starting point for my latest collage piece--Untitled Collage No. 100 (Santa Rosa). Working on a glass plate that wasn't well washed after its last use resulted in flakes of blue getting embedded in the paint--an effect I rather liked. The bottom half of this piece is constructed from fragments of assemblages that became other pieces of art. May 28, 2015. Acrylic on paper, acrylic monoprint, found paper, collage. Image size: 13.9 x 22.2cm.



Click on the image for a larger view. For more, visit my collage website at http://ctalcroft.wix.com/collage-site/. Or, come see my work in person during the Art at the Source open studios event, June 6 & 7 and June 13 & 14, 2015. I'll be showing at Studio 48, in Sebastopol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails