Friday, February 8, 2019

Art I'm Making: Untitled Collage No. 212 (Santa Rosa)


Just when I thought I had no more collages in me, I started making new monotypes yesterday and one thing led to another....

This one doesn't photograph well. The subtleties in the rice paper area get lost a little, but the image here is a reasonable facsimile. I think too often we forget that photographs of art, while they allow a general impression, are never a substitute for seeing the real thing.

Untitled Collage No. 212 (Santa Rosa), my first collage so far in 2019. Acrylic on paper, acrylic monotype, found paper (antique rice paper, found letter with fragments of stamps, handmade paper sample), collage. Image size: 28.0 x 37.5cm (11.0 x 14.8 inches). Signed on the mat. Signed and dated on the reverse.

For more, see my website at http://ctalcroft.wixsite.com/collage-site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails