Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Miscellaneous: Bird-brained

Looking back over my most recent posts I had to laugh at myself. Reading them you'd get the erroneous impression that bird watching has taken over my life. It's just something I've been doing of late because I've had the opportunity (with the family away until Monday) and because it keeps my mind off other things--not that I don't enjoy it. It's been an odd reliving of a small segment of my childhood. My father used to drag us on bird watching outings as kids in New York. We didn't enjoy it much at the time, but the experiences of youth can stick with you in the most remarkable ways. Busy on Thursday evening. Friday I'll be going into the city with my mother to see what's on at SF MOMA, from around 3:00 or so, and then have dinner somewhere nice--probably at Greens. Saturday I have nothing planned, but will go to the Santa Rosa farmers market in the morning, probably between 10:30 and 11:30--always on the lookout for good tomatoes and smoked fish. Later in the day will attend a wine event at Wellington Vineyards, off of Dunbar Road. Nothing planned on Sunday either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails