Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Art I'm Making: Two New Collages (March-April 2015)

Here are my two most recent collage pieces. Both were created at the end of March. With this post I'm finally caught up. Untitled Collage No. 94 (Santa Rosa), shown at the top here, uses some new orange and lavender papers I've created along with scraps from last year made using Sennelier's "Blush Tint" and "Neutral Tint" paints. As I've said before, I think the Sennelier acrylics are especially beautiful, although I occasionally use colors made by other manufacturers.

Untitled Collage No. 95 (Santa Rosa) is diminutive. At 5.8 x 6.7cm (about 2 x 3 inches), it's the smallest collage I've made to date. It uses scraps left over from other collages and the last bits of a piece of pastel-covered paper (the rust areas) I got from another artist. I'm now working on a new collage that will use piece of a pastel drawing of my own.

Click on the images for a larger view. For more, use the Art I'm Making tab to the right or visit my collage website at http://ctalcroft.wix.com/collage-site/ (requires Flash Player). Come see my work in person during the Art at the Source open studios event, June 6 & 7 and June 13 & 14, 2015--at Studio 48, in Sebastopol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails