Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Art I'm Making: Untitled Collage No. 96 (Santa Rosa)--or the case of the purloined sandpaper

For weeks, a scrap of fine sandpaper that my son had been using for something and failed to put away, despite repeated requests, kept staring at me every time I walked by the place it rested, on the edge of a shelf, at the top of the stairs. Today, it finally got cleaned up. I cleaned it up. Though it was, technically speaking, already mine, I stole it. I used it in a collage today. I transformed it from an annoyance into a field of grey that was just the thing needed in the place I put it. I made art today. Untitled Collage No. 96 (Santa Rosa). Acrylic on paper, acrylic monoprint, found paper (sandpaper). Image size 19.8 x 26.3cm.



Click on the images for a larger view. For more, use the Art I'm Making tab to the right or visit my collage website at http://ctalcroft.wix.com/collage-site/ (requires Flash Player). Come see my work in person during the Art at the Source open studios event, June 6 & 7 and June 13 & 14, 2015--at Studio 48, in Sebastopol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails